Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie: On a Band

I have been stuck a lot lately. Recently, I wrote about how sketches helped me to find my creative groove again. The Scrapbook Coach classes are also a big help for me. I have been sort of jumping around from class to class. Lately, I have been working through the On a Band series. I figure that if I work through it enough, then the composition will become part of my process.

The Paddle Wheel Boat by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Crate Paper My Mind's Eye;Letters: American Crafts, Pen: Uniball; Sticker: My Mind's Eye; Chipboard: Crate Paper; Sequins, Vintage Label: Jenni Bowlin; featured on the JBS Mercantile Blog

I started off with two 4x6 photos. At first, I balked at the thought of cutting them down a bit. I soon realized that cropping them only enhanced the photos and allowed me to fit them on the canvas in a new way.I also loved how this particular composition allowed me to use so many patterns. I loved the floral pattern, for example, but felt it was too strong to use on it's own.


The wonderful thing about the Scrapbook Coach Classes is that you can repeat it as often as you like. Each time, the result is different but uses the same composition. It's a wonderful way to understand your process and add something new to the mix.

Supply Options


Additional Resources
Part of the Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details








Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment