Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie: Criss Cross

I still find myself overcoming my latest creative block. I'm creating, but not with the ease that comes from a spark of inspiration. I keep doing my best to try to light the fire. My latest endeavor involved the Scrapbook Coach Class: Criss Cross.

 You might have spied this particular foundation in some of my recent work. I have used it before, but not with intention. You see, when I am really creative, I just wing it. Ideas from previously viewed inspiration take form as I push the elements around the page. Participating in the Scrapbook Coach series is a bit different. I am working with the intention to know more about a specific composition. At the same time, I am hoping this intent sparks my creativity.

Bananaquit Tease by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Paper: Crate Paper: Letters: Jillibean Soup; Doily,AcrylicFlowers: Freckled Fawn; Tags: Ranger; Flair: A Flair for Buttons; Enamel Dot: Twine and Ink, appears in an article for Get It Scrapped

While it helps to follow along with suggested supplies and photos, I don't always do exactly as the  class dictates. I didn't have three vertical photos,so I took the suggestions to heart and adapted them to fit. I made a wide title which is the same width as the horizontal photo. In essence, my criss cross bands are thicker than those suggested in the class.



I was really inspired to document this story of my cats being teased by a local bird on our back patio. I started with the photos and then found the perfect patterned papers to tell the story. It made sense for me to adapt the criss cross foundation to fit what I had versus fighting to make my supplies fit the exact foundation.Once again, I am loving how the Scrapbook Coach classes help me stretch myself while letting me adapt them to my creative process.

Supply Options


Additional Resources
an article from the Get It Scrapped blog










Part of the Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details






No comments:

Post a Comment