Friday, June 20, 2014

Get It Scrapped: A Fierce Badge

I love badges. I try to find one every time we go on vacation. They make great embellishments! They seem to be few and far between though. Occasionally, they show up as a scrapbook trend. Lately, I have been determined to use up some older supplies.Time to search for some badges. Shopping  my stash is fun. Old supplies become new again, especially when you can mix them with new trends. Badges are popular again, but I just didn't have the right one.

I had the photos in mind. Shopping my stash had helped me find the almost perfect supplies. Almost. I had a canvas tag but it just wasn't quite what I wanted. So I chose to alter it.

Fierce by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants; Canvas, Metal tags: Making Memories; Flowers: Maya Road; Tape: Freckled Fawn; Jewels: Hero Arts; appears in an article for Get It Scrapped

I cut off the top of the canvas tag, then I machine stitched around the edges. It was now perfect...and old supply made new again.










Don't be afraid to alter older supplies to fit newer trends. After all, the item is just sitting there, waiting for you to use it.

Additional Resources













No comments:

Post a Comment