Friday, June 27, 2014

Project Life: March 2014

I seem to be moving through my Project Life spreads with ease. I am keeping things simple and using it as a creative warm up for my 12x12 scrapbooking endeavors. Recently, I was asked about how I choose which photos go into a Project Life Spread and which become 12x12 layouts. I have a criteria, but keep in mind it's not set in stone. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to scrapbooking, except that you should have fun telling your stories.

When it comes to Project Life, I consider it an introduction to my month. It's sort of a recap of the events and often includes photos that don't make the cut for the 12x12 layouts. These photos usually include nature photos I take on my walks, foodie shots, our currents( reading, watching, video games we are playing) and quick snaps of daily life that I want to capture. I often take a ton of photos of my cats. I tend to document the best ones in 12x12 layouts. I'm a bit cat crazy, so most of the extras make their way to Project Life.

In some cases, I make the 12x12 layouts in Project Life Page Protectors. March only had 3 Project Life Spreads. I put the first page of March on the back of a Pocket Page style Layout. This requires a little planning on my part. However, It's important that you don't force yourself to make extra PL spreads with tons of filler cards. Don't get me wrong...I love filler cards. I just don't personally want layouts filled with tons of them. Project Life is a way for me to include more stories in my albums while taking less space.






Page one documented playing Titanfall with my husband, the Get It Scrapped online crop,my son watchin tv with our cat in a box on his lap, and doing laundry with our cats' help. I used a journal card to write about how TV is different now then when I was a kid.

Page two documents our family staycation. I didn't feel it was a big event like it would be if we had traveled somewhere. However, I really wanted to document some of the little stories behind what we did as a family. A pocket page spread was the easiest way to go. I could work on the cards a little each day. I only ended up needing one page to cover our week at home.










Not a whole lot happened to us in March. I included my usual screenshot of our weather and pictures from a few random events. For example, there were fireworks one evening for some unknown reason. I snapped a few photos and wanted to document how much we enjoyed them. I also snapped a shot of a trip to starbucks with my son during errands.Project Life provides a way for me to document the little things in my life that mean a lot.


What does Project Life mean to you?





No comments:

Post a Comment