Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome January and 2015


Happy New Year! I started this year in much the same was as the past few years...watching fireworks with my family. We enjoyed another fantastic display this year. I used my cameras firework's settings and worked on my timing. Essentially, I wanted to capture fireworks in full bloom and not the just the remnants of the sparks. I am getting better at listening for the shot of each firework and knowing when to press the button to capture it. Unlike many photo projects, fireworks can only be worked on a few times a year.

Usually, I start my month off featuring  a few projects I have made recently. 2015 will be no different. I do have lots of plans for content both on the website and the blog. I want to revisit several of the series I started such as scrapbooking with 6x6 paper pads and the budget scrapbooking tips. I will continue to make sketches and share color palettes. I hope to make more process videos and tutorials. I know most bloggers recommend adding to topic series on a regular basis. I have tried and I have to say that it just doesn't fit my style. I get excited about a certain concept and I want to run with that. Plus, it stresses me out to try to stay on a set publishing schedule. I would rather provide content I love on a regular basis versus just trying to stick to a schedule. So while you can expect a lot of content, the topics may come and go in streaks as my creative interest is peaked. I could go on and on about planning, but really, I am just excited to start sharing projects with you. So without further ado, let's start off with my most recent projects for Simple Scrapper.

Ice by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper,Cork, Sequins, Doily, Tags, Vinyl, Stamps, Jewels, Acrylic: Studio Calico; Ink: Staz-on, Hero Arts; Water Color: Yatsutomo; Letters: Heidi Swapp; Transparency: Basic Grey; Tape: Little B, Jenni Bowlin, Studio Calico; Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership

When my son was small, we often asked for  tickets or family passes to local attractions in lieu of gifts. This particular year, we received tickets to ICE. It's an exhibition that features ice carvings. For a Florida native, this is one of the few opportunities to visit a winter wonderland. As excited as I was about these photos, I never scrapbooked them, in part,because I was never sure what to do about the yellow surfboard. It always seemed to clash with most of the winter products I  had. As luck would have it, I received a winter kit with a few yellow items. I decided that a sketch with 3 clustered sections was the perfect way to scrapbook the photos. I could pull a bit of the yellow into each cluster. I am truly very happy with the results and glad to have the photos finally documented.

First Day of School by Christy Strickler | Supplies Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants, Webster's Pages, Studio Calico; Doily: Studio Calico; Tape: Freckled Fawn; Metal Clip: Crate Paper; Button: Jillibean Soup, Crate Paper; Other Twine;Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership

I have a ton of Project Life Style cards and I really want to use them. I found a sketch at Simple Scrapper that worked easily with layering the cards, scrap pieces of paper and embellishments. I took this photo on the first day of home school 2013. It's always exciting to start a new grade level and new classes. The photo wasn't perfect, so I converted it to black and white. I love the blend of school themed and regular products. I have tons of items with the camera motif, It was fun to slip the camera in here.I also seem to have a thing for the light bulb motif at the moment. I love the light bulb paper clip. It's perfect for school pages.

I have so many exciting things to share in the beginning of 2015. I am bursting with excitement and can't wait to tell you what's in store. Several are secrets I have been keeping. It's always hard to keep a secret, but don't' worry, they will soon be revealed.

Supply Options







Additional Resources


The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping. Click here fore more details.




Click here for more details about Start Fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment