Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Christmas Pages from your Holiday Stash

Like many people, I have tons of holiday photos yet to be scrapped from the days when my son was little. Each year, I try to find just the right papers to document those memories. I watched the release of each new December kit and collection, however, I didn't find any that really wowed me or that fit into my budget. I knew I would be getting a selection of Holiday items in my December JBS Mercantile kit. I also knew I would get a few bits and pieces of holiday stuff from other places such as Freckled Fawn. Meanwhile, I had a large supply of Christmas papers already. So much stuff, in fact, that I still had my holiday kit intact from last year. It was time to put my stash to work.

Millennium Falcon by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Creative Imaginations, October Afternoon, Crate Paper, Basic Grey; Letters: Amy Tangerine; Tape: My Mind’s Eye; Chipboard: Basic Grey; Enamel Dots: Studio Calico,PinkFresh Studio; Die Cuts: October Afternoon, Elle’s Studio Chic Tags; Sticker: October Afternoon; As seen in an article for Get It Scrapped







I had already been successful in blending a themed paper together with holiday supplies. I decided it work work for this layout as well. My husband had a toy Millennium Falcon when he was a boy. He was thrilled that our son would also have one to play with. I chose a sheet of Star Wars themed paper as my canvas and then began choosing my holiday papers and embellishments. The older Crate Paper line I chose had a bit of light blue in it. It's a fun striped pattern that compliments the playfulness of the page. I chose the red Christmas paper from October afternoon for it's contrast with the blue. It's simple with a distinct holiday design. The neutral grey print houses the photo while pulling a bit of the grey from the striped print upward. I chose to create a shelf from navy washi tape which pulls that darker blue into the upper layers.

Holiday papers often come in the same color palettes which makes it easy to mix and match bewteen collections and manufacturers. You can pull in an additional theme, as I have done here, by simply placing like colors throughout the layers. Just choose one color or pattern as your base, then use the gallon/quart/pint rule as you select additional papers and embellishments.

Supply Options







Additional Resources














The Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details
















No comments:

Post a Comment