Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Scrapbook Challenges: In the Window

It was just a few days ago that I announced becoming a member of the SBC Sketch Crew. As promised, the first sketch of the year is now available. It's time to get crafty! You might recall that I mentioned collecting challenges. I kept that in mind as I worked on this next layout. I made a promise to use my Silhouette and die cutting tools more this month over in the Get It Scrapped forum. Effectively, I combined two challenges into one layout.

In the Window by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Studio Calico; Letters; Sassafrass, Twine and Ink; Die Cuts: Basic Grey, Silhouette; Wood: Jillibean Soup; Acrylic: Maggie Holmes; Stickers: SEI; Based on Sketch # 424 from Scrapbook Challenges












I seem to be going through a cat phase and feeling the need to print and document my pets. This is Momo in his favorite spot in our home. It just so happened that Silhouette released a set of cat in the window cut files recently. It was purrfect. I am also pleased with myself for mixing in some older supplies with new. The yellow letters are from an older sheet of Sassafrass( a company I miss) and I also managed to use a partial doily scrap.

Are you collecting challenges this year too? You have plenty of time to play along. The Scrapbook Challenges sketch submissions are not due until February 28th. You can share layouts with die cuts for the rest of the month over at the Get It Scrapped Forum. I hope you will all join me in the quest to collect and use challenges in 2015!

Supply Options






No comments:

Post a Comment