Wednesday, January 14, 2015

From Stencil to Stamp Guest Post for Balzer Designs

I have been following Julie Fei-Fan Balzer for a long time. I admire her creativity and strength. I love her work. I am a junkie for her stencils. Reading Julie's blog encouraged me to try out stamp carving. One does not simply just carve stamps. One becomes addicted to carving them. My only hang up is that sometimes I don't know what I want to carve. Today, I am sharing how I overcome that creative block on the Balzer Designs blog.

Caught on Camera by Christy Strickler | Layout: Supplies Patterned Paper, Die Cuts: October Afternoon; Stickers: October Afternoon, Freckled Fawn; Acrylic: Freckled Fawn; Stencils: Crafter’s Workshop; Medium: Modeling Cream by Viva Décor; Ink: Ranger, Prima; Other: Doily, Sequins, Thread










Stamp carving is very relaxing. I really enjoyed carving these stamps, specifically with this layout in mind. It all came together so easily. Do you carve your own stamps? If so, watch the Balzer Designs blog for inspiration. Or check out Julie's book,Carve Stamp Play.

Supply Options






2 comments: