Monday, January 26, 2015

Scrapbook Challenges: SnapShots

You're in luck. Two posts in one day. Earlier today, I mentioned that I like to have some sketches in mind to help me out during Layout a Day. It just so happens that I also have a resource for sketches I can share with you. Every week, Scrapbook challenges shares a new sketch. They also have an archive of past sketches that you can reference.

I am a bit biased, but I do love their sketches. Today, another new sketch released. Sketch #425 challenged me just a bit. It took a little bit of arranging and rearranging of the elements to get it just the way I wanted it.

Snap Shots by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper, October Afternoon; Stickers: Treasured Memories; Wood Veneer: Crate Paper, Studio Calico; Flair:Studio Calico; Die Cuts: Silhouette; Punch: Martha Stewart; Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #425










For added texture, I machine stitched the chevron background paper. I opted to go with pinked circles instead of the hexagons in the sketch. This decision was based on the wood veneer that says "dude" on it. I wanted all of the shapes to be cohesive. Machine stitching ( or even hand stitching) on the pinked circles would have been possible but time consuming. Using a black pen saved time while it also helped the shape feel more finished.

Though this page challenged me a bit, I do adore the way it turned out. I was able to take on two challenges at once. I finished a sketch challenge while also using my silhouette and punches. Two more challenges in the books and another layout for my album.It's a win-win scenario.

Supply Options







No comments:

Post a Comment