Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Lil' Traveling Man

I will admit it. I am a sucker for travel themed papers. I end up with a lot of them. I guess it's because I have a desire to travel. It's not like I get to go a lot of places. So when I do get a travel themed photo, I try to make the most use of my supplies possible. I truly need to quit collecting travel themed collections.I have enough to scrap a trip around the world.

MyLittleTravelingMan.CS400x398.jpg


My Lil Traveling Man by Christy Strickler Supplies Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned Paper: Basic Grey; Alphas: Pink Paislee; Trims: Making Memories and Prima; Journal Spot: October Afternoon; Badges: American Crafts; Stickers,Brads and Transparency: Making Memories; Mist: Tattered Angels




I snapped this shot of my son on a plane trip several years ago. The lighting was bad due to being in the cabin with the full glare of the sun outside.I changed the photo to black and white, which paired nicely with the color palette.

I guess I should also explore more ways to use the flight motif rather than just the literal meaning for journey and travel. Using symbols in your layouts is another way to stretch your supplies wile adding deeper meaning to your layouts.

For more Flight motif inspiration check out:

Scrapbook News and Review's Fly into Inspiration post which features this page.

What's Your Motif: Using Machines in Flight On your Pages at Get it Scrapped

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way Christy...I love travel themed products, but we never go anywhere!! :) I have to find other creative ways to use them and I love what you did with yours!! The shape behind your photo is awesome and I love the fun plane border across your photo!

    ReplyDelete