Friday, September 7, 2012

Botany


I have to say that Botany was never this much fun for me when I took the class. My son gets to keep an art journal and is encouraged to sketch throughout the on-line webinar he takes each week. I captured photos of him during his first day of class.

There are two things that I especially love about this layout.The first is that I stained wood letters with yellow mist and then stamped on them to create the title.I got the idea from a get it scrapped article. The second thing I love is how I created the leaves to adorn my page.I colored scrap cardstock with Distress ink, then drew them and cut them out by hand.
Botany.CS.jpg


Botany by Christy Strickler Supplies Patterned Paper: Basic Grey; Alphas:Pink Paislee; Trim: Prima; Mist and Ink: Ranger; Stamp: SEI;Mask: Tattered Angels; Other: ribbon, buttons

This marks the final post in our back to school feature over at the Scrapbook News and review blog. It's based on today's color palette of the week. I hope you will stop over to see the other projects shared by the creative team.

1 comment:

  1. Love this one Christy! The technique on your title is really awesome and I love the little touches of pink you used on a boy layout!

    ReplyDelete