Saturday, September 8, 2012

Inspired by Infographics



I never would have thought to use Infographics to inspire a scrapbook page.To be honest, prior to my assignment for Get It Scrapped, I never paid much attention to the design behind one. What I found is that, Infographics can be both page design and an idea for a journaling prompt.

In order to complete my assignment, I scoured the web for various images. I settled on this one. The speech bubbles remind me of the things my son likes to say right now. It's something I have been meaning to document for awhile. He tends to acquire regular words and phrases that trend in his vocabulary for awhile before he finds something new.




I decided that I liked the overall design of the infographic and I chose to mimic it with scrap pieces of cardstock. I even drew and cut out a building.I am not great at drawing so I simplified the silhouettes of the people in the window. 


The Things You Say by Christy Strickler | Supplies: Cardstock: Colorbok; Alphas: 7 Gypsies,My Little Shoebox, Sassafrass; Glitter Glue: Ranger; Other: cardstock


Now I have a collection of infographics to use for scrapbook layouts.I have more ideas than I have time. I'd love to use an infographic to track my son's favorite TV shows, for example. Perhaps there will be another layout like this one in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment