Friday, March 27, 2015

Awesome Ladies Project, March Edition


It's the last Friday of the month which means it's time to participate in the Awesome Ladies Project!As usual, I haven't really put in a lot of thought about the project I want to make today. The last Friday of the month always seems to sneak up on me.

In January, I finished sewing a set of coasters. In February, I chose to work on hand stitching this wooden owl. The project was simple and I created the owl quickly. He is supposed to be a Christmas ornament. However, he is lightweight enough that I think I can use him as an embellishment on a holiday layout.




I had bought the owl ornament on clearance shortly after Christmas from our local fabric shop. The problem I often find with projects like this one is that, despite it being a quick project, I don't set aside time to do it. This poor owl might have found it's way to a drawer and been forgotten.  Setting aside a few hours to work on him for the Awesome Ladies Project was a good thing for me. It felt good to use the kit and now I have a great embellishment or holiday gift.


So Much Love by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Cocoa Daisy, We R Memory Keepers,Crate Paper; Letters: American Crafts; Wood Veneer: Freckled Fawn, Cocoa Daisy; Die Cuts: Kaiser Craft; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye: Flair: Evalicious; Punch: EK Success;Jewel: Studio Calico;Pen: Sharpie; Other: Ribbon, Vellum,Photo Corners; Based on the Awesome Ladies Project January 2015 sketch
Each month, there has been a sketch challenges for the Awesome Ladies Project. I completed this layout for January's sketch. It felt good to use up scraps from my Cocoa Daisy kits and to mix in a few pieces of older products.

I definitely should do a better job of preparing a project for the last Friday of the month. My goals this year are to art journal more and to learn to crochet. I am not sure I am prepared enough to accomplish one of those in today's busy schedule( another argument for being better prepared). At the least, I will work on the February Awesome Ladies sketch or one of the challenges for the Paper Issues Crops. Let's see next month if I can work toward a project relating to my goals.

Do you have a project you have been wanting to finish? Set aside an hour or two today to work on it and join us for the Awesome Ladies Project!


   If you would like to join in on the Awesome Ladies Project, head on over to RuKristin for more information.





Supply Options

Some supplies from the February Cocoa Daisy kit, available while supplies last.


View blog post for supplies










1 comment: