Friday, June 7, 2013

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie: Summer Camp

Our kids go to summer camp or have special summer activities. So why can't we? This summer, I plan to escape the heat with time by the pool and time indoors with the AC. To keep down the summer doldrums, I have signed myself up for several creative classes. I have also have plans to finish up a few classes I had signed up for earlier this year.


Camp Scrap began this week at Big Picture Classes. I can hardly ever resist a class with May Flaum, so of course I signed up.





The summer stitch club was intended for making a summer runner or mini quilt. That's not why I signed up. I loved the idea of super cute summer themed patterns that I could use for handmade scrapbook embellishments. I plan to stitch during those summer movie nights on the couch. Thanks to my scrap buddy , Beth over at ScrappingWonders.com, I have also been tempted to learn crochet. We shall see how that goes.



I will also be joining in on this free course from Jennifer Wilson. I need to get my summer kit together as the class is starting soon.















I am taking several classes at the Art Studio this month. They inlcude another art journaling class from Christy Butters and Adventures in Alcohol inks with Roni Johnson.








I also will be continuing this month's Masterful Scrapbook Design Seminar and working with the Scrapbook Coach Series through Get It Scrapped.














I took a photography class last year, however, I can still use some practice and tips. I signed up for Photojojo's Phoneography 101 course. I am also taking a photo class through Big Picture classes.















There are a few other classes on my " need to do list" so I will work those in as I can. Meanwhile, I am off to play and have some fun. I'll share what I can, but as always, some of the class projects end up being part of my Design Team work.I hope to see some of you in class!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment