Monday, June 10, 2013

Get It Scrapped: Pinteresting

I often use Pinterest as inspiration for my layouts. I like that I can make a quick mood board or save things that inspire me from around the web. The key to using Pinterest is that you have to actually use what you pin. Don't just collect the photos.

I wasn't always a doer. I started using Pinterest as a collector. I didn't really use my pinned images until I started organizing my boards. It took me a little time to get my boards more organized (still needs a little work). I had to think about how I would use the boards and compare them to how I use my supplies. For example, I had a board just for Layouts. It's full of scrapook layouts and I find it a bit overwhelming. I now have my boards arranged by motifs, colors, or specific thoughts. I have both layouts and inspiring images mixed together in those boards. I have a reason as to why I pinned those objects so I can remember what first grabbed my attention when I saw them.

Design images are still one of my favorite ways to create layouts. I can look at a display and see a sketch. Textures and colors in the display often inspire my product choices. This is a pin from my friend G at CraftOrganic. I love the colors and the fabulous texture. As I look at this photo, I can see a picture tucked in between the food sitting on the wood dresser.












Well, Hello! by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Colorbok; Letters: My Little Shoebox; Doilies: Recollections, other; Buttons,Stencil: JBS Mercantile; Ribbon: Prima; Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Paint: American, Inka Gold; Mist: Pink Paislee; Modeling Paste: Liquitex; Other: Glossy Accents

The image inspired me to break out my stencils, paint and modeling paste. I added a little pink since this layout is about our female cat.






I am inspired by a lot of people. Somehow, I managed to whittle down my choices to five boards I am inspired by on Pinterest. I shared them over at the Get It Scrapped blog. I hope you will check it out and if you are inspired, please share your layout with us in the Get It Scrapped Gallery.






Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the image for your inspiration Christy!! I am a Pinterest collector...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting article Christy. I started being a little more picky about what I pin. I have alot of "collected" pins myself and need to do some organizing. I think when you first become a pinterest fan, we tend to pin everything we like without and then we forget to actually go back and look at everything.
    Thanks for sharing!
    http://cherylmccainphotography.com

    ReplyDelete