Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's all Black and White! Sort of...

Let's face it. Though I am a better photographer than I was a year ago, I still have a lot of grainy images. Sometimes it's due to poor lighting. Sometimes the pets or my son just won't stay still. Then there is my love of instagram and other photo apps which take ok, but not really awesome pictures. I still want to scrapbook the memories these photos hold despite their poor quality. Most often, I compensate by using a retro photo action or by converting them to clack and white.

Black and white doesn't have to be blah though. Using black and white photos allows me to add in bright, vibrant colors. The contrast is often stunning.



She is a Little Sweetheart by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned Paper: Anna Griffin; Alphas: Basic Grey, My Little Shoebox; Buttons: Basic Grey; Ribbon: Maya Road; Other: Hearts, stickers






My color scheme and page design are based on a Pink Panther DVD cover. The pink and orange might have overwhelmed full color photos. The color combo makes the black and white pictures pop.




Articles you may also like:
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Love the b&w photos with these colors Christy!! The patterned papers really pop on this one!

    ReplyDelete