Monday, October 8, 2012

LOL for Help

Inspiration comes from many places. You have heard about pinterest, looking for patterns in the world around you, sketches, etc. However, did you ever think to just ask your husband or your child? Both he and my husband see what I am doing and sometimes comment on it. From time to time, I ask them for ideas or even for help.

 Sometimes I have an assignment and I need specific photos. I don't really like to stage photoshoots. I prefer to use photos I have already taken. Earlier this year, I had to answer a call for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine about Funny Faces. I couldn't find any in the thousands of photos I had on my computer. I  decided to ask my son to pose for me and he agreed, with a few conditions. His conditions were that I must create a layout using squares, bright colors and emoticons. I had a good laugh, then wholeheartedly agreed to his terms.



LOL! by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: ColorBok; Tag: Cosmo Cricket; Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With a View, Echo Park; Paint: Tattered Angels; Stamp: Studio G; Ink: Maya Road, Studio G; Brad: Basic Grey; Marker: Bic Mark-its; Other: DMC floss, cardstock










Your family is probably much more aware of your  hobby than you realize. There may even be topics or stories they wish you would tell. My husband has a little list of things he would like me to include in our albums. Including your family helps round out the stories told in your albums. The next time you get stuck creatively, ask them for some ideas. They can add a whole new perspective to your memory keeping.

1 comment:

  1. I love that your family helps with input!! I check with DH a lot too when I am stuck on a page and the kids always want me to take pics of them doing something!! :) Love the ideas your son gave to go along with these pictures and the page turned out awesome!!

    ReplyDelete