Thursday, October 4, 2012

Teaser Thursday- Always Near

Recently, Scrapbook News and Review Magazine posted a call for the use of Photobooth Pictures. The problem for me is that I didn't have any and I don't really know of a photobooth near me. I wanted to find a way to create the look for a layout without the need of a real photo booth.


AlwaysNear.CS
Always Near by Christy Strickler Supplies: Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee; Alphas: Sassafrass; Mist: and Markers: Ranger; Stamp: Technique Tuesday: Other: book paper, DMC floss, Vellum
I ended up using an App called Pocketbooth. I gave a quick review of it today on the Scrapbook News and Review Blog. Though my photos are a little dark, the app is a lot of fun to use. Expect to see a few more photo strips on future layouts.
If you are wondering how I get the photostrips from my tablet to my PC for printing, it's really quite simple. I use dropbox. I chose to print them on 4x6 size paper. I think next time I will print on 5x7. Since the photos end up being a little dark, they might look better in a larger size.
I am not Photoshop savvy. I know just enough to make some basic edits. However, Get It Scrapped has a super easy to use tutorial on their blog. It shares methods for both Photoshop and PSE.
There is still 2 days to submit a layout for the October calls at SNR magazine. Remember, you can't get published if you don't submit! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome Christy!! Love the repeated hearts and the pop of the pink title! Great job creating your own photo strip pics!!

    ReplyDelete