Monday, August 20, 2012

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie: Inky Doodles Update

Supplies: Creative Memories markers and cardstock


I am hooked! I love the effect doodling has on my background papers. I am so glad that I have rediscovered my pens and markers! When I first started scrapbooking, almost a decade ago, I used to use pens and markers a whole lot more than I do now. At that time, supplies were limited...both because of my budget and the types of products that were available. I had the need to be creative in order to get the look I wanted to achieve. This title page layout is an example of how I used only cardstock and markers.

Over time, I began to become more supply savvy.My stash of supplies grew and I became less dependant on the use of pen and marker to create customized looks for my layouts. In fact, my pens and markers transitioned into a tool that only was used to write the story behind the page or to outline a few embellishments. To be honest, there is nothing wrong with that.We all got through a variety of creative phases. I was always excited to use what supplies I had. I just used pen and marker less.

Now here I am, on a budget and looking for ways to add more techniques to my designs. In my search, I have come back full circle, to my pens and markers. The difference between the memory keeper I was almost a decade ago and the memory keeper I am now is subtle.I have other techniques to bring to the table. I still need to learn more design principles, but I am savvy enough in that realm to be a little more pleased with the look of my layouts. I also have a decade's worth of supplies to enhance my doodles.

I also approach my memory keeping a bit differently.A decade ago, I scrapbooked for the sake of storing photos in and appealing way. Now, I also scrapbook as a means of relaxation and a creative outlet. I am finding that creating background papers like the ones shown here really adds to that purpose.







Watch for me to use them on a layout soon. Meanwhile, if you would like to learn more about how you can add doodling to your pages, check out these classes:


 at Creative Passions


A Whole New Doodle 2012 photoat the Art Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment