Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie

I have an admitted addiction starting. I love on-line classes. My son loves taking part in them for homeschool. I love getting to take a class of my own at the same time. We both love interacting with our classmates and learning something new. So I thought I would start a new series on my blog sharing my adventures in various classes I take on-line.  Let's start out with the ones I am currently taking:

Masterful Scrapbook Design: I have been taking this one now for several years. Each month has a new seminar with a different topic. You get a lot of content for the money. I love how the PDF's are recorded so that I can either read the seminar or listen to it while I work on my layouts. It's not a step by step to a completed projetc type of class. So what I learn here often gets integrated into other classes I am taking. This month's seminar is all about finding and using inspiration.



Creative Passions:  I just finished a handlettering class here. I am pleased with the results. I have gotten back to using my markers more and relying less on letter stickers. So now, I am taking Michelle's second class, Inky Doodles. I don't own copics but I think that with a little creativity, I can still use my Bic Mark-It's and my new Tim Holtz Distress Markers.





I also have quite a few classes to finish up over at Big picture classes and Get It Scrapped. I need to finish some of those before I move forward. Or so I say. However, I decided to take a few of the classes over at The Art Studio. In July, I took Mists, Beyond Point and Shoot and How to Use Modeling Paste on any Project.I'll be sharing some of my work from those soon. I am pretty excited about a new class coming up.

GESSO2-1.jpg
I have worked with gesso off and on this year. I really like using it but I don't think I have a grasp on the full potential for it's use. I am hoping this class remedies that situation. The class starts this week. If you would like to join me, pop on over to the art studio to register.

Meanwhile, stay tuned to the blog. I hope to change the look sometime in the next few months with some inky doodles of my own. I will also be sharing more tales of a craft class junkie. I will include some of my class projects as well as tips on how to find time to work these classes into your daily schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Not familiar with The Art Studio, but love MSD and Creative Passions. I'm currently in Claudine Hellmuth's Composition for Collage class at BPC. Taking me out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete