Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Inspired by Fashion


I love pinterest. I love finding images and pulling inspiration from them. So when I received the assignment from Get It Scrapped to use fashion as my inspiration, I knew I would have an easy time of it. From a single outfit, you can find color options, textures, and ideas for embellishments. I chose an outfit from polyvore.com. 

I had some photos of my son's kitten. She had started to play but then fell asleep right where she was on my scrap desk. The soft tones of this outfit were perfect as a jumping off point for my page.Now that I had a color palette, I had to search through my supplies. I chose to use a floral print paper as my base since the blouse if the foundation for the outfit. I also chose to make an embellishment  with glass beads since the sweater had glass beads on it. I cut apart an old belt. It reminded me of the belt in the outfit. I also slipped in some khaki shorts. You might recall a post from march about a boy's pair of shorts. Well, this makes layout number two. We will have to see how many more projects I can use those shorts on.


Sleep Where You Lie by Christy Strickler | Supplies: patterned paper, alphas, button: Webster’s Pages; flowers: Sassafrass; metal office tab: Making Memories; mist: Tattered Angels;brad: K and Company; tag: Fancy Pants; other: glass beads, quilt pins, old belt, khaki shorts, acrylic paint, stencil.




I love the texture and dimension of this layout. I had a ton of fun finding items in my supplies and around the house to mimic the look of the outfit. It was sort of like a scavenger hunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment