Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Tale of Two Trends

Chevrons and the color orange are two trends that have something in common. They both have a lot of energy. Today's inspiration piece at Scrapbook News and Review magazine managed to capture both trends. I thought they were the perfect combination for scrapping about superhero Easter eggs.

SuperHeroEasterEggsRedux.CS.jpg
Super Hero Easter Eggs Redux by Christy Strickler
Supplies: Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned paper: Sassafrass; Alphas: Sassafrass, American Crafts, My Little Shoebox; Ribbon: Prima; chipboard: Rusty Pickle; other: cardstock, candy wrappers, stickers, egg stands, Sketch Support Sketch #15

You might be wondering why this is a Super Hero Easter Egg Redux. Well, that's because we used the exact same theme Easter egg Dye kit the year before. I live on an island, and there just isn't a whole lot of variety from year to year. We were pretty sure the store was selling the leftover kits from the prior year.


Though the layouts about the kit are quite different, I kept a few details the same.I used some of the same letters, stars and bright colors on both. When I made the redux layout, I didn't have anymore of the letter r. I turned a J over and used it in the place of R. It looked a little different from the other letters. So I overlapped the star on the curve of the J.


Super Hero Easter Eggs by Christy Strickler Supplies Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants;
Alphas: American Crafts, My Little Shoebox, Sassafrass; ribbon: Jillibean Soup; Mist: Tattered Angels
Chipboard: K and Co. Rub-On: Fancy Pants; Other: Toilet paper, tag, Egg Dye bands

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts, love the paint touch behind the title!

    ReplyDelete