Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Currently...

My week started on a Tuesday and so, as I fell back into a normal routine after a lovely four day Easter weekend, I completely forgot to make my #currentlylist card. No worries though. Today is just as good of a day to do so. With my favorite, well-loved coffee mug in hand, I headed to my creative space.

 If there is one thing I do hoard, it's Project Life cards. It's not intentional. It's just so easy to build up quite a stock of them seeing as how the core kits are so big and I can't limit myself to just one. My plan for this year has been to use coordinating Project Life cards from my supplies in conjunction with the hybrid cards I make using Traci's kits. Since,I haven't seen the colors yet for this month's Pocket Life collection , I opted to play it safe. I chose a black and white card from the Kiwi Core Kit. I didn't want a repeat of the lone green card from February.









I am still loving Kristin's Currently List challenge. I have a few cards that would fit the bill easily, but sometimes it's nice to stamp your own. I just build the card based on the categories I want and the amount of journaling I need to include. Two of the categories in the stamp set often get me thinking of upcoming events. There are a few of these you might be excited to hear about. Currently, I am loving and planning for upcoming online crop events.Meeting other scrapbookers live and in person would be ideal, but this is the next best thing. I love the opportunity to spend the day with friends yet be in the comfort of my own creative space.

The date has been set for the next two live crops at Get It Scrapped. The first will be on April 18th and the second one will be on iNSD, May 2nd. Both of these will be our usual informal event. We're literally just hanging out together and scrapbooking. Those of us who create paper pages will be sharing our webcams. Digital scrapbookers will be sharing their screens.You can watch us work live and in person. You are also welcome to share, though it's in no way mandatory. Having a microphone is a plus. It's always nice to put a voice to a face, especially since most of us have been chatting together via the message boards and social media.


The crop is free to join as is membership to the Get It Scrapped forums and community. To participate, create a free account with Get it Scrapped. Additional information regarding how to access the crop will be posted in the member forums. Generally, we begin the meeting around 10 am EST. Don't worry if you live in another time zone. We have ladies joining in from all over the world. It's not unusual for the crop room to be open for a full 12+ hours.

The DigiScrap Geek Podcast will be kicking off iNSD weekend with a live show on Friday, May 1st at 12pm EST. The show will be aired via Google Hangouts but if you can't make it, Carrie will be sharing a link to the recording. For more information, stay tuned to the DigiScrap Geek or join in the discussion over at the DigiScrap Geek Facebook group.






So many exciting new things going on and as usual, so much to share! I hope to see some of you at one of the live events. Don't forget to sign up!


No comments:

Post a Comment