Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Welcome April!

Once again another month has passed. It seems like I just wrote the welcome message for March, yet here we are in April. Easter is just a short time away. I managed to get all the decorations up with my son. I am looking forward to a quiet holiday weekend with my family and hopefully a little time to scrapbook. I have been working through my Cocoa Daisy kits but still have lots of the March kit left to play with. Can I just say that it has me inspired to dig out older Easter Photos!

My goals this month are to continue purging and organizing. I confess, my desk is a mess. I fell back into some old habits. Namely, not putting items away when finished and hanging onto scraps for that what if scenario. I need to tidy up a bit and find a way to tame those scrap pieces.

 I also hope to get back into making more process videos. I have updated my web cam to record in 1080P and have learned a bit more about producing/editing the videos. It would seem I wasn't using my editing software to it's fullest potential. It's definitely a learning process. Once I get myself a little more comfortable, I plan to share my findings with you in case you are interested in learning how to make process videos on a budget. In fact, I am currently contemplating a series of articles which will share a behind the scenes look at being a design team member as well as how I plan for my blog/website and the tools I use to do so.

Meanwhile though, I find myself with the urge to create. It's often a struggle for me to balance making layouts with writing articles. I have so much I want to share! So why don't we jump right in and start the project sharing for the month!I have two wonderful layouts for Simple Scrapper. This month's prompts really pushed me in my creative endeavors.

Dear Humans, While You Were Away by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper, Letters: Fancy Pants; Journal Card: Project Life by Becky Higgns; Clip: Studio Calico; Wood Button: Pink Fresh Studio; Jewels: Freckled Fawn; Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership









Story wise, this particular layout is now one of my favorites. I wrote the journaling from the perspective of our cat regarding her thoughts about what will happen when we travel without her. I must admit that in large part, the title was inspired by those Dear Kitten videos made by Friskies. Giving my cat a personified voice was a lot of fun and a great way to create an out of the ordinary pet page. I think I might just be giving my cats a voice in the journaling more often.

Family Means Everything to Me by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper:Echo Park, Fancy Pants: Enamel: Freckled Fawn: Wood Veneer: Two Peas in a Bucket: Wood Button: Pinkfresh Studio; Ink: Tsukineko; Label: Martha Stewart: Ink:Tsukineo;Pen: Sharpie;Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership









This layout features a rare family photo. A photo which I haven't scrapbooked, in large part, because it was taken at a funeral. We are happy and smiling as a family but when I see it, the picture makes me think about that day. It's not an event that I yet feel comfortable documenting in my album. Using a journaling prompt which incorporates my love of my family made it easier to work with this photo. Sometimes, I find I need a little encouragement to document parts of harder days.

As I mentioned, I have a lot to share with you. You can expect a lot of posts from me again this month. However,the DigiScrap Geek Podcast is taking a bit of a recording break for the Spring and Easter holidays. There's no reason to be too sad though. We're inviting you to join us with our journey down the rabbit hole. By that, I mean that we would love for you to join us in our new facebook group. It's a place where we can all get to know one another better as well as extend the discussion of the podcast and talk about all things scrapbookers. Yes, I know the show is somewhat geared toward digital scrapbookers. I can attest, as both a paper and hybrid memory keeper, that everyone is welcome. You may notice that many of the show episodes include tips that are universal to all scrapbookers, not just the digital folk.

Just click here to join in on our discussions.








Supply Options
This posts contains affiliate links when possible. Please shop your stash first, but should you find you need something, consider supporting MSE.



View blog post for supplies





No comments:

Post a Comment