Monday, July 21, 2014

Sandcastles

When my son was little, we made it a point to take him to the beach with the main goal of making sandcastles. It's one of those events that repeat every summer in my scrapbooks. I will admit to liking themed beach products to tell the story. However, I also want something unique to differentiate one summer from another. The beach themed cut files from Amanada Robinson Studios definitely fit the bill.

Do You Wanna Build a Sandcastle? by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: American Crafts; Die Cuts: Crate Paper, October Afternoon; Wood Veneer: ChicTags; Tag: Studio Calico; Button: Jillibean Soup; Tape Glitz Designs; Other: Doily; free printable and cut file from Amanda Robsinson Studio













This particular set of cut files also comes with a PDF of printable designs. I cut one of the printable 3x4 cards into a square and used it for my title block. The cut file is simple, yet it immediately adds themeing to non-themed patterned papers.

I almost used this cut file with some photos of my son playing in the sandbox in the backyard. It's certainly one of those cut files that can be used in a variety of layouts despite the fact that it's themed. I cut this in kraft paper to connote a beach theme. If I had cut it in a different color paper, I could have used it with photos of my son building with blocks or legos.

Supply Options





No comments:

Post a Comment