Friday, April 19, 2013

Game On! Planted



Spring is beckoning and so it would seem, are the requests for layouts about growing plants and gardening. It's just not something I do. I have never had a green thumb unless I had green ink or paint on it. I did however, come across some older photos of my son during one of our homeschool cooperative classes. They should do the trick!

With photos in hand, I set out to cross off a couple of the Centipede challenges issued by Doris over at the JBS Mercantile Community. First and foremost, I decided to check off the challenge for book papers and stamping. I found a plant book page inside the Magpie kit and I also printed off a damask style pattern from the Haven Kit. Believe it or not, but that piece of damask paper you see on this layout was only printed to a 4x6 size. I cut it apart and simply tucked it under the photos.



The ribbon was a little too wide. I cut it in half which gives it a  more rugged look. Don't be afraid to cut apart your supplies. It's always ok to alter them to fit your project.

JBS Mercantile papers often work well with each other. I mixed in some of the new Modern Mercantile.  I did experiment a bit with a JBS Mercantile stencil and some Spiced Tin ink. I don't think I did the stencil justice, as most of the butterflies were covered with my photos and patterned paper.

I seem to be less heavy handed with  my embellishing this week. In this case, I felt like the bold metallic green and gold accents were more than enough.  It was very hard to match the German Foil daisies. I used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in mint green to paint the wooden letters. I used portions of the Wheat Flower stamp with gold embossing powder to add some details.The gold embossing powder and lovely German Foil met my own challenge to add something shiny to your project.



Planted by Christy Strickler Supplies| All items are from JBS Mercantile kits except- Letters, Mist: Pink Paislee; Buttons: Maya Road; Embossing Powder: Ranger















Maybe I don't have any Spring gardening endeavors this year. I do have some nice memories of trying to garden every once in awhile with my son.  Do you have something to share? If so, head on over to the JBS Mercantile Community. You can even issue a Centipede challenge of your own.




Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Really love this layout. The photos are perfect, as are the papers and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this layout!!! All your details are wonderful and so glad you shared how you did everything! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page Christy!! Love all of the photos and the fun effect of your title...and the cute little button embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the vintage pages make up the background, it reminds me of how we use paper to line around the plants in my garden :) Your embossing on the title is so bright and beautiful, but not as bright as the smile on your son's face! Sweet! I homeschool my two boys as well, so I love to see others sharing their good times.

    ReplyDelete