Thursday, April 3, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Layering a Photo

I print my photos at home. Sometimes, I print one twice. Perhaps it was too dark the first time. Or maybe I want to make an everyday plain shot look a little special. That was the case with a photo of my cat in the laundry basket.

Laundry Basket Rides: Free to Cute Cats by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper, Letters: American Crafts; Brads: American Crafts, Making Memories; Badge, Bow: Freckled Fawn; Wood Veneer: Prima

This particular photo wasn't taken in the best light. Despite photo editing with rad labs, I considered not using it. However, I really liked it. My cat is just so cute! To make the plain photo more interesting, I printed it twice, fussy cut Jujubee's image from one print and then layered it over the original. I used chipboard as a spacer between the two cat images. The chipboard helps the image retain it's shape while raising the image. 




In March, I was a guest teacher for Get It Scrapped photoplay e-zine. I shared some of my techniques, but I also learned quite a lot from my fellow instructors. I hope to incorporate more photo play ideas into my layouts.Do you play with your photos? Share some of your creative photo play with us in the Get It Scrapped Gallery.

Supply Options




Additional Resources
an article for the Get It Scrapped blog










How I edit all of my photos.










The Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details











Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment