Thursday, April 17, 2014

Crafting with Teens: An Easter Nest

I had the intention of crafting with my son during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday breaks from school. It didn't work out as I had planned. So many of his friends were off from school as well and I found that he wanted to spend a lot of time with them. It doesn't bother me. We see a lot of each other during our homeschool sessions. Time with his friends isn't always easy to come by since some are homeschooled and some go to different public schools. So I let that time take precedence.

What I changed this time was when we do the crafts. I set aside time when I knew his friends would be busy with homework to make our Easter craft for this year.

The craft is a simple nest. It's composed of a tart tin, a few plastic eggs and some feathers. I helped my son crimp some of my scrapbook paper scraps to line the nest. We used some of the new Jenni Bowlin Scattered Stars Rub-ons to dress up the plastic eggs just a bit. It was quick and easy plus I had the added bonus of just sitting and chatting with my son while we worked.







Supply Options


View blog post for supplies






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment