Sunday, March 23, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Around the Table

The dinner table is probably not the most exciting thing in your home. Yet, often, a lot of interesting things happen there. In our home, we build models, have conversations around our meals, and enjoy holiday events. In past times, our table even served as our homeschool desk and craft area. Tables are an important gathering place.

Sometimes, the gathering place isn't at home, but rather, at a friend's house or a restaurant. I have often been known to snap photos of our meals while out. The photos aren't always top notch, but I do feel the food displayed there is much more noteworthy than the humble meals I create. On some occasions, the story unfolding is much more than just the meal. Case in point, I was out to lunch with visiting friends. We tried a local place that I had never been to before.

Fish Fry by Christy Strickler| Supplies  Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Studio Calico, Jillibean Soup; Stickers, Letters- Crate Paper; German Foil: JBS Mercantile; Flair: A Flair for Buttons; Other: Ribbon; Based on Inspiration from Scraphappy.org

This is a quick page I made for LOAD in Vogue last October. It tells the tale of how we discovered there were no restrooms inside the restaurant. I also recently told the tale for a podcast at Get It scrapped. I hope you will head over and listen. I came up with so many more ideas for telling stories from around the table.









Supply Options
The German foil fish were originally in a JBS Mercantile kit.




Addtional Resources 







The Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details











Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment