Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Weekend Update: In the Works

This weekends' post is a sort of hodge podge of ideas. I find myself very inspired right now and in a creative whirlwind. There's lots to do and lots to think about!

Layout a Day is in full swing now. This means  I find myself quite busy  juggling my regular creative team responsibilities, working on new class content, family time, and homeschooling my son. So far I have managed to keep up though I haven't had time to share the layouts yet.

I have been exploring a new way to share projects with you. Last week, my husband helped me make an overhead camera mount. They are very expensive to buy. While poking around the web, I found a video featuring one made from PVC pipe. It cost around $6 for me to make. I was able to attach a web camera using velcro and double stick tape. It did force me to do a major overhaul of my creative space. I have to admit that I am glad it happened. My whole space is so much more usable. I am filming my LOAD layout each day along with new layouts for classes. Currently, I am in the process of editing, doing the voice overs and narrating. I hope to share my first video later this week. I have plans to share my space sometime next month.

Meanwhile, if you are interested in making your own overhead camera mount, you can find the video I looked at here.  She even gives the complete measurements for her camera mount. I did have to adjust mine a bit higher to accommodate my particular web cam. I was able to use a longer scrap leftover from the pipe I bought. Easy Peesy!












Last month, I participated in one of the new Virtual Crops at Scraphappy.org. They are one of the new member perks. I had a blast! If you are like me and don't have a local scrapbooker to crop with, these are a great solution. I am thrilled to announce I will be the hostess this month! The caveat being that you must be a member to participate.  Don't worry though...if you come, you won't have to go on camera unless you want to. I will warn you that a lot of chatting is done and not always much scrapping. Details for the time and links to the virtual crop will be available to Scraphappy members in the member's only area.

Speaking of a whirlwind of creative thought...Creatives will find this article by Debbie Hodge very thought provoking. I am no where nearly as polished as Debbie when it comes to writing. She has captured how I feel about what I do and why I like to do it.Whether you are a hobbyist or a serious artist, you will find yourself nodding along as you read. I plan to send this article to some of my friends the next time they ask why I haven't called to chat or why I like to stay in most nights and weekends.

Places to play this week:
Over at Get It Scrapped, Doris Sander has challenged us to create one Haiku poem a week.  I am already behind but I have plans! I plan to use a few photos this month, add a journal label and then I can place these in my Project Life spreads.

Document Life Workshop offered a challenge to create a layout inspired by an Artist's Color Scheme. After reading the recent Get It Scrapped article about Frida Kahlo, I decided to incorporate some of the ideas into two of my LOAD layouts this week. I invite you to challenge yourself the same way and share it both at Get It Scrapped and Document Life Workshop.

This wraps up my hodge podge of thoughts for this week. I hope you find yourself as inspired as I do right now! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Crafting!

Articles you may have missed this week:

The Scientific Method: Layering with Mini Canvas Panels










Color Formula 1: Freshly Picked Berries












Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment