Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello October!




Fall is one of my favorite time of the year. Living in an area of the world that features high heat and humidity means I welcome the cooler temperatures. It also heralds a lot of good things which include wonderful memories. I met my husband in the Fall and I absolutely adore Halloween.

This month promises to be full of a lot of good things for me. I am participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.  This means I am shooting for a goal of a post a day for the entire month of October. It seemed like a good idea as I am also participating in the Layout a Day: LOAD in Vogue challenge for members of Scraphappy.org. Theoretically, that means I should have at least a layout a day to share with all of you. I intend to post for this challenge both here at the blog and with articles on the main website. We'll see how life cooperates for me.

Meanwhile, I figured I would share a few of my current Fall Favorites.

Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery (Bunnicula and Friends)

  1. I read Bunnicula as a kid and enjoyed it so much that I had to share it with my son. We've also enjoyed The Celery Stalks at Midnight and Howliday Inn. We've decided to check out a few other books in the series this month. What's not to love about a vampire rabbit that drinks vegetable juice?!?! The books are not scary at all...just good humor and silly fun which involves a cat and a dog.



2. I'm a little biased when it comes to JBS Mercantile. I always adore all of the kits. This month's selection features the Persimmon line from Basic Grey.  It's one of my new favorite lines! Of all the kits though, the Antiquarian really hit the home run for me. The gold foil moon makes the entire kit worth it! I often hoard the German foil from these kits, but I have plans to use the moon on a very special anniversary layout.


3. I plan to use the JBS Mercantile Historian kit for my Project Life this month. I will be supplementing it with Echo Park's Oh So thankful kit. I loved that this kit included additional Photo Freedom album pages along with the paper and stickers.


4. I will also be adding in some of the free printables from One Velvet Morning. She scours the web for free PL style printables such as the one above from Harper Finch.

5. I love pumpkin spice. Especially coffee and cakes. I plan to do a lot of cooking with my son this fall. I recently discovered Two Peas and their pod. I am hoping to try their recipe for pumpkin waffles ( just one of the many I hope to try)

How about you? What are you currently loving this Fall?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment