Friday, October 18, 2013

The Weekend Update: Tired but Happy

Friday is here. It's been a long week but not bad overall. Good things are happening. Good energy is beginning to flow again. There are things to look forward to and that's always wonderful. While I can't share all the good things just yet, I have tons of things to share with you.

 This week has found me and my son wrapping up the first quarter of Fall homeschool. I have been learning to edit a produce videos, so he decided to learn too. It was frustrating. It was fun. We learned a lot. He submitted a video for his report. I edited quite a few for an upcoming class. I still need to load the layout a day process videos I created at the beginning of the month. Boy have I learned a lot about lighting and microphones since the start! This is definitely going to be something I continue to learn and evolve with.

Meanwhile, I have been alternating between composing posts and articles for the website and blog along with working on my next class. It's been a lot of work, but I find myself spiraling into a more creative zone. One article or tutorial begets another and then yet another.

I have managed to keep up with Layout a Day: LOAD in Vogue. I am not sure how, but somehow, I find the time each day to work a layout in for the challenge. I have talked about fitting things all in before. I think Ashli Oliver and I must be in the same boat. It seems many people perceive us homeschool moms as having the ability to scrap all day! Regardless  of whether or not you are a homeschool mom, a SAHM or a working mom, Ashli has started a wonderful blog series you will enjoy reading about the reality of fitting it all in.  

Speaking of LOAD in Vogue, I have managed to keep creating all week, though many of these layouts are very simple in nature. It helps me to use a challenge or a sketch. Sometimes both. I don't have time to think too much...just choose the product, place it, glue and keep on scrapbooking.

Love and Memories by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper,: My Minds Eye; Tape: Glitz Designs: Die Cuts: Chic Tags; Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Coloring Medium: Gelatos; Enamel Dots: Freckled Fawn: Other: Brads, Badges; Sketch from Chic Tags











I created this layout using the prompt to document something I had lost. All three of the pets in this photo are no longer with the family, having passed on throughout the years. My dog had jumped into the dining room chair to escape the kittens. They liked to snuggle with him and nap. He had enough, but they found him anyway. The wood prints and soft florals really fit the mood I wanted for this layout. I

Speaking of wood prints, Document Life Workshop has a challenge to use wood or faux bois patterns on your layouts.  If you need additional scrapbooking inspiration for your layout, check out this article about Faux Bois patterns from Get It Scrapped.

This weekend, my goal is to finish off a lot of the projects I have on my plate. I hope everyone out there has a good weekend and that you get a lot of stories documented.

You Might Have Missed:
Debbie Hodge wrote another wonderful and inspiring article this week. The topic...objects of her youth.

The Color Palette Process: Finding Contrast

Creating Word Art with Polymer Clay

A Game of Feathered Leap Frog






Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Great take on the Sketch, Christy! Love how you altered it for one photo, and used the embellishments and journaling spots in place of the triangles on the Sketch! Thanks for playing along with us @ Chic Tags!

    ReplyDelete