Monday, November 5, 2012

Tales of Craft Class Junkie: A Little Modeling Paste

I haven't been using it for very long. Only for a few months, in fact. I will say that if you have not yet tried modeling paste, then you absolutely MUST. I'ts easy to use, very lightweight for your layouts, and looks awesome! I learned quite a few techniques through How to Use Modeling Paste on Any Project with Christy Butters over at the Art Studio.

I love Summer by Christy Strickler Supplies Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers; Stickers: October Afternoon, We R Memory Keepers; Modeling Paste: Liquitex; Mist: Tattered Angels, Home Made; Ink: Tsukineko; Wood Shapes: Studio Calico; Other: Stamp






For this layout, I used  modeling paste with a Crafter's Workshop Stencil. I love the dimension it adds, as well as the texture. Stencils are my favorite way to use modeling paste.

I am looking forward to using more mixed media techniques on future layouts. Using new mediums has been a great way to extend my supplies while adding more texture and dimension. Expect to see me taking more mixed media style classes over at the Art Studio.



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you used the modeling paste Christy!! And the use of the white space on your layout is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete