Friday, November 16, 2012

Pizza Party Picnics on the Living Room Floor

Geometric shapes seem to be the rage right now. They have a wonderfully modern edge and are fun to build into a variety of patterns. I recently used some geometric shapes in a symbolic way on a recent layout.


Pizza Party Picnics on the Living Room Floor by Christy Strickler| Supplies: Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned Paper: Creative Memories, Pink Paislee; Alphas: My Little Shoebox, American Crafts; Chipboard: October Afternoon; Buttons and Brads: Basic Grey; Rosettes: American Crafts










If you look closely, I created  a visual triangle using the rosettes in the banner and the button cluster on the lower right. It's like a slice of pizza sitting on top of a picnic blanket. For visual interest, I chose to break up the matte into a series of staggered rectangles. The colors I chose and the use of shapes add energy to the layout which clearly shows how much fun my son and I have together.

Geometric shapes are great for creating patterns. When possible, take things up a  notch and use them symbolically on your layout. The right shapes can really support your story well, especially when you use them with wonderful textures or patterns.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun page Christy!! Love the red plaid with the pop of the blue letters and the cute banner!

    ReplyDelete