Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kitten in the Closet

My cats like to play in the closet while my husband gets ready. It's hard to capture all three of them in there at once, so I settled for this photo of Momo. He's learning to be like the big cats. I used the JBS Mercantile November kits to create the layout. When I first got the kits, I was unsure how I would use the paper with the men's and women's shirts. Watching my cats play in the closet sparked the idea for this layout.

Created using all three of the November kits.


















I used the stencil from the Artisan kit and some modeling paste to add a little flair to the title. It had to be done in stages. I decorated about 2-3 letters at a time and allowed them to dry before moving on to the next letter. I probably should have done this step prior to placing my letters on the layout. This is yet another example of why I love stencils. The dressed up letters add just a little more visual interest to the page and make it unique to me.

Don't be afraid when you receive something in a kit you are unsure of. Take a little time to think about how you can use the item. Consider altering it if you need to. I always find it a fun challenge when I get supplies I am unsure of and often end up with layouts I adore.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout, Christy! You've done a fantastic job adapting this kit to your style and your photos. Loving the kitten!

    ReplyDelete