Tuesday, September 16, 2014

JBS Mercantile: Mid Month Check In

This month, I missed my usual welcome to September post. I was wrapped up in our new homeschool schedule. My JBS Mercantile kit was also running a bit late due to a mail snafu. It all worked out though. I was rewarded with my kit just as a I needed a bit of a creative respite from our schedule. This month's kits are fabulous. They have many supplies which are perfect for the avid reader. The supplies are also easily adaptable to school themed layouts. I chose to visit our homeschooling in the present and in the past.

This year marked my son's fist day of high school. We have been homeschooling him since he was little. Though we made a few curriculum changes, for the most part, school remained the same. I was however struck by the fact that he is four years away from college. You could say he is on the path and headed in the right direction.











 I chose to paint a path on a piece of white cardstock, then layer the pebble cut file over the top. I used the stencil and modeling paste to extend the path off the page. I included my thoughts about his first day and also talked about his high school experience is quite a bit different then mine was.

When my son was little, we did a lot of hands on projects for homeschool. One such project centered around making our own math board game. I chose to add in a few game centered flash cards to theme the layout a bit.














I still have several sheets of the fabulous paper from this month's kits left. My next goal is to try to document fall. It is, after all, one of my favorite times of the year. Who knows, I might even pull off another school themed layout or two. How are you using this month's JBS Mercantile kits? Share them with us in the JBS Mercantile Customer Gallery.

Supply Options





No comments:

Post a Comment