Thursday, September 11, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Use Apps to Help You Tell the Story

There is nothing wrong with taking a photo and documenting the main story. In some cases this is perfect and all that is needed. Some photos have deeper stories. I admit that sometimes I am guilty of not delving deep enough. Sometimes I just write a few sentences about the basic story and I move on. There are times I wish I had written more. It's not always easy to do. Having a tool to help me along can make it so much easier. I like to use Story Swoop from Get It Scrapped.

Story Swoop break the story down into sections. It has a series of questions designed for me to make deeper associations with the photo. It then helps me organize my thoughts to make the story easy to transcribe to my layout.

Stay by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Studio Calico, Crate Paper; Letters, Chipboard, Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Glitter Glue: Ranger; Flowers: Freckled Fawn; Stickers: American Crafts, PinkFresh Studio; Jewel, Tape: Glitz Design
















The basic story about this photo is my husband holding our kitten while he worked. The deeper story is about how we rescued three kittens and my husband said we could keep just one. Sweetpea was not the kitten we originally chose. She seemed to somehow know that. She would snuggle up on my husband's chest and eventually, she stole his heart. We were so glad we were able to keep her too. Using Story Swoop helped me to organize my thoughts to get this story down. Though there was nothing wrong with the basic story, this layout now means so much more to me given that I was able to tell a richer story.

Additional Resources


Story Swoop is part of the free Get It Scrapped Membership option
Click here to view more details














No comments:

Post a Comment