Tuesday, May 7, 2013

JBS Mercantile Kits and iNSD

What's the point of being in  a kit club if you don't use the kit? I really strive to make the most of my kit club subscription every month. In April, I received a brand new kit from JBS Mercantile called the Historian. It's a brand new kit concept, designed for those who like Project Life. I decided I wanted one to spice up my PL layouts. Instead, I ended up using it for regular layouts. The kit is just that awesome! Vivid colors paired with bits and baubles for your layouts.

I really didn't want to cut up this 12x12 dreamy rainbow patterned paper. I decided it was perfect for a background canvas. I did add some flags from my March JBS Mercantile kits along with some extra jewels. I had enough denim scraps from my guest layout for Shimelle.com that I was able to cut this circle and the hand cut title. I used a Signo Uniball white pen to outline the title letters.

Dream Sweet Dreams by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper: Studio Calico; Tags: Elle's Studio, Studio Calico; Stickers: American Crafts; Flags: My Mind's Eye; Pen: Signo; Letters, Tape: Jenni Bowlin; Jewels: Making Memories; Other: Denim, ribbon; Most supplies from JBS Mercantile April kit; Sketch from Two Peas in a Bucket INSD challenge 


Both the journaling and the title were inspired by Shimelle's iNSD challenge to write with repetition. I started with the word Dream and repeated it throughout, letting it guide the path of my thoughts. If you would like to play along with this challenge, you have until May 12th to submit a project.

I still have a few iNSD challenge layouts to share. Stay tuned.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Love this page Christy!! That pp looks great for your background and those photos are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete