Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Thoughts on CHA 2014

CHA 2014 has come and gone. I took a look back at my top ten choices for last year. I was pretty happy to say I managed to acquire at least a few bits and pieces from my wish list. For the most part, I took my own advice about navigating CHA on a budget. I did buy a few things here or there, but mostly, I relied upon my JBS Mercantile kits to deliver items I hoped for. I found I was pretty satisfied with the way the kit club offered a sampling of the products and upon receiving my kit, I no longer felt the need to purchase  entire paper collections.

There were a select few things on my wish list that didn't make it to the JBS Mercantile kits. As I reviewed them, I found that some of the products no longer captured my attention as much as they had when featured at CHA. The few that still interested me were available on sale around the holidays or as part of a warehouse mystery box.

I will continue using the same philosophy this year. I have pared my budget down a bit further and will rely on my ability to substitute similar items from what I own or from the sample of goodies I receive from JBS Mercantile every month. Despite being on a tighter budget, I still have quite a long wishlist. Here are a few of my absolute favorites ( in no particular order).


1. ALL of the new wood Veneer from Jenni Bowlin. Yes. ALL of it.Along with the new flat backs.


2. Webster's Pages Our Travels collection This collection has a nice color paleet, deer, and cameras while be centered around travel. Perfect.


3. Basic Grey's Highline Collection. I loved all of the releases from Basic Grey this year. However, the colors and patterns that Highline features really caught my eye.


4. I love all of Heidi Swapp's new collections. I really have my eyes on the latest stencils.


5. I loved a lot of Prima's release items: the stencils, the embellishments, the new PL style cards...but what really caught my eye is the flexible wire which can be used for making flowers and other embellishments.


6. Mon Ami By Kelly Purkey for Basic Grey.


7. I love all of he new releases by Studio Calico, but Wanderlust really caught my eye the most.



8. I have been looking at storage options for my Project Life supplies and page protectors. I am really hoping the new storage options from We R Memory Keepers will be affordable.



9. Dina Wakely's new mixed media line looks like a lot of fun.I can see myself using some of the products in my layouts.



10.The New Tim Holtz Layering Stencils. I would alo like the new Spritzer tool to accompany them.
 BTW, these are available for PreOrder at Simon Says Stamp!







11. Amy Tangerine Plus One






I am happy to see so many more companies adding wood veneer and crafting dies to their lineup.I also loved so many of the new stencils from Crafter's workshop. There is no way I can get everything I want. It will be interesting to see how much of my CHA wishlist gets granted.

Meanwhile, if you are interested on other thoughts and opinions about this year's CHA, head over to the Get It Scrapped Forum to join the discussion or check out this article.







Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Love your picks, Christy!! BG really blew me away with their new collections this year! I am hoping to pick up Highline and Mon Ami!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CHA pick post. I hope the WRM storage is affordable too - and I wouldn't mind it in black either.

    ReplyDelete