Sunday, June 24, 2012

American Crafts Knock Out Punches- reviewed

I recently got to try out the American Crafts Knock Out punches. I received them in a carry style case with 6 interchangeable punches:
image from American Crafts
 I was a little concerned at first how the quality would compare to other punches on the market. However, the punches are pretty sturdy and the wing guides are easy to change in and out without fear of them breaking(especially for a clumsy person like me). For the price( especially if you can find a kit on sale), this would be a great way for someone who has very few punches to grow a collection.

What I Liked: easy to punch with, compact and easy to store,the carry case makes them easy to take to crops, not heavy like some punches are but still durable, good price as compared to other punches on the market

What I disliked: nothing really, although it might have been nice to have something to catch all the tiny paper scraps from the bottom of the punch

I made a layout for Scrapbook News and Review magazine with the punches. It's grid based, so I though I would share a sneak of one grid section:


Overall, I think this is a great punch system. I was excited to see other punches for this system available on American crafts website. I hope they choose to offer those in a kit as well, although the individual price per punch is still pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment