Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Not so Straight Grid

I have to admit that I don't know why I picked it. The assignment at Get it Scrapped asked for a layout with a grid. Honestly, I am horrible at grids. I long ago accepted that I liked to use grids, but that any I made would be crooked. So why then did I jump in, feet first, and take on an assignment that I knew I was not great at. Maybe I was feeling ambitious. Maybe I thought this time, it would come out straight. Either way, by the time it came to submit my page, I felt a bit like maybe I should have thought twice about taking the grid assignment on. I even thought that maybe it would not get published. However, there it is...part of an article about grids at Get It Scrapped.( Thank you Debbie and Amy!)

So now maybe you are thinking that I hate this page. Not true. I worked hard on it. I love the story behind it. It's a part of my album and despite it's not so straight lines, it deserves to be there. I accept it's imperfection for it tells the story quite well.

Homemade Pizza by Christy Strickler | Supplies: Patterned paper: We R Memory Keepers and Crate Paper; sticker: We R Memory Keepers; other: stencil, buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment