Friday, June 19, 2015

Project Life:June 2015- Starting my Summer Stories

This week, I got my hands on the next Pocket Life '15 Collection from Traci Reed Designs. I was very excited to see that it had a nice summer vibe. I have been anxious to get started on my Summer Stories Pocket page series. Working with this kit is helping me stay on target in regards to my summer project life goals.

June Project Life Intro Page by Christy Strickler |Supplies Digital Kit: Pocket Life '15 June Collection from Traci Reed Designs



















I began the page with a Summer Stories card. We don't have any big plans for this summer which means I am really not sure what to expect photo wise. I will still be including a card for each month, however, you might notice that the June 2015 card is 3x4 inches this month. I usually create a 4x6 inch card for the introduction to each month.

I kept things simple as I was a little strapped for time this week. I think it works well. Many of the patterns I chose to work with are bold. I also changed how I showed the weather this month. I took a photo of the ocean from the car and wrote about our heat wave on it.I have been playing around a little with my Lomo Instant camera. I think the little instant prints are going to be a great addition to my pocket pages.

I am trying something new this week. I created a "watch me scrap" style video showing how I decorated and placed the cards. When this style video first made its appearance in my You Tube feed, I questioned whether or not they were effective as a means of inspiration. After watching a few, I have to admit that there is something to be said about being able to just watch the creative process in motion. Sometimes the person talking can detract from the video. Let me know if you like it.










This posts contains affiliate links when possible. Please shop your stash first, but should you find you need something, consider supporting MSE.

Pocket Life  '15 June Collection from Traci Reed Designs





















You can see some of my past Project Life pages for 2015 here.


True Scrap Pocket Pages class replays- More Information Here










Project Life Step by Step
Click here to view more details







The DigiScrap Geek Podcast Episode 20









Follow My Scrapbook Evolution's board Project Life Inspiration on Pinterest.








No comments:

Post a Comment