Friday, August 20, 2010

It Girl

Sometimes, it's hard to use pink when you have a boy. My only baby girl is my little cat, Sweetpea. So when I get the chance, I highlight her as a subject in the photo and go crazy with girly colors and bling!


For It girl, I chose to use a black pearlized card stock for the background and white pearlized cardstock for the mattes. DCWV's All dressed up collection was the perfect patterned paper. I layered it over ripped pink cardstock and inked everything with ruby satin colorbox ink. The left page is a sketch from Sketches for you. I painted some chipboard letters pink and used fruit punch stickles on the top. Painting your stash is a great way to make it work for you. Don't be afraid to be versatile. The word girl are colorbox punch outs which I used Glossy accents over. Glossy accents provide wonderful dimension and can easily update older stickers or die cuts. I used Making memories 5th avenue trim and sewed small pearl beads onto it.

The brads are K and company, Sassafrass and Basic grey(with stickles on them). The crown and Feather are basic grey rub ons to which I added stickles and perfect pearls. The journal spot is a Fancy pants rub on in just that perfect shade of pink. So while my son is in the picture, I can add lots of fun pink and girly accents by focusing on my cat.

Submitted to : Sketches for you
                       Scrapfit

3 comments:

  1. this is too cute...my kids do the same thing to our cat, Oreo...and they are always dressing up my dog in hats, socks...whatever they can get on her...I LOVE your layout and all the bling, U rocked it ;)
    Thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute kitty! We have 3 and my kids have lots of love time with them too! I love the fact that you used pink on a boys page! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool for school!!! Great LO!!! Thanks for working out with us at scrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete