Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Under Inspection:Bursts, Scraphappy and Scrapbook Improv


Participating in:

When I tell people I am a member of Scraphappy, they always ask me if it's worth it. My answer is always " Heck YES!" I have been a member for awhile. Most of my decision was based on joining in on the Layout-a-Day challenges that Lain Ehmann offers several times a year. As a member, you get to join in for free. I haven't gotten to participate in a lot of activities with the group this year. I had some family things come up that shifted my priorities a bit.


 I was happy to join in on one of Lain's new Scrapbook Improv sessions recently. The idea behind Scrapbook Improv is that Lain scraps from a kit. She has a little spinner thing with a list of possible prompts. She spins and the arrow points to something she must do while creating the layout. The cool thing is that you can play along as well. You can buy the suggested kit ahead of time or make your own. If you want an idea of the process, there are some recording you can watch at Scrapbook Improv. Or search for Scrapbook Imrpov on Ustream.

Did I follow the prompts during the improv. Umm, no. This was my first time and I didn't have a kit ready. I grabbed some of my JBS Mercantile product and created this layout about how our kitten got his name.

His Name is Momo by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Enamel dots: Crate Paper; Alphas: American Crafts; Button: Basic Grey; Other: Vellum







I do plan to join in next month for Scrapbook Imrpov. I will have a kit ready and hope to follow the prompts this time. I also plan to enjoy more time at the scraphappy website and forum. Perhaps I will see you there!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment