Sunday, December 2, 2012

Under Inspection: Photo Apps for Android and Journal Your Christmas

Edited with the BeFunky app









I have been hearing a lot about various IPhone apps from friends and fellow Journal Your Christmas participants. Many of us will be using our mobile devices to take holiday photos this year. I decided I would share my favorite Android photo apps plus  a few new ones that I hope to try out.

First of all, let me warn you. Photos apps are very addicting. I started with one and now have several. I began with Instagram. I also wanted a portable and advanced photo editing system. I chose to purchase Adobe PhotoShop Touch. In many ways, Adobe Photoshop touch is easier to use then PSE. I have edited on the go and am able to use dropbox to transfer photos between my computer and tablet with ease.

Ok, so now for my long list of photo apps. All of them do some of the same things. Many of them have a few features here or there that the other app doesn't have. That makes it worth it to have them. Most have the ability to add filters, frames,bokeh, text or other effects to your photos.

AfterFocus- add Bokeh effects to your photos. I just got this and am still on the fence about it.
BeFunky photo editor- easy to use. I just downloaded it today and found it to be fun.
ComicStripIt- make comic strips using your photos
Labelbox- simply adds fun labels to your photos
Papercamera- this was worth the $1.99 in my opinion. There are other apps that do similar things, but I personally preferred the look of this one.
Phonto-I heard about this one today. I haven't tried it yet. You cna add text to your photos with a variety of fonts.
Photoshake- create cool collages by shaking your device. It's an easy, fun way to make collages of a group of photos
PicF/X photo filters- tons of great filters here
PicsArt Photo Studio- filters and fun photo editing
Pixlr Express- I loved Pixlr-o-matic. This supposedly is a free upgrade to that app. I haven't played with it yet and hope it's as fun as Pixlr-o-matic is.
PocketBooth- this is a fun way to take pocketbooth style photos
Ransom Notes-  I haven't tried it yet. it came up as a recommendation when I download Phonto. You can type ransom notes onto your photos.
Retro camera-  fun retro style photos
Dramapic- more retro style filters
Roidizer- take polaroid style photos

Now that you have photo apps, you might be asking yourself how to print them. My personal choice is to use dropbox to get them onto my PC. I can then print them to a 4x6 piece of photo paper or use photoshop to create a larger collage. I print them with my Epson Artisan printer and am ready to scrapbook them immediately.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment