Sunday, December 2, 2012

Journal Your Christmas 2012: the Beginning

As I sat with the day one prompt, I realized that I had already sort of, in a roundabout way, accomplished the task. I have decided to really enjoy the month. As my husband says, when we become adults, Christmas can lost it's magic. Perhaps that's a part of why I never completed the December Daily project before. I was helping my son feel the magic of the holidays while I myself was sort of just going through the motions. I came up with a list which I posted here to the blog. It is comprised of things I am looking forward to this month. As of today, I have a few more to add.

This month, my husband has decided to surprise my son with random early gifts. This is the first year in which my son says he is too old for Santa photos. We knew he would inevitably grown old enough that things would change. However, it sort of took a lot of the wind out of our sails. My husband and I really liked the magic behind the secrets of Christmas and Santa. When my husband announced his plan, it sort of reinvigorated me a bit. We have a new challenge in bringing the magic of the holidays into our home. I am looking forward to seeing what we can do.

Meanwhile, we are now on day two of December. The lego calendar was met with enthusiasm. Though I have to say the day one project was a bit of a let down. Day 2 delivered a little more joy with a fun mini figure. I have not yet begun to create the layout. I have been spending time with  both my husband and son. However, I now have a ton of ideas to work with. Not just for the advent calendar but also for the JYC project. That's what it's all about! Being inspired and enjoying the season with your family.

My promise to myself this month is not full of a daily completed layouts. I have instead promised myself that I will make the most of this month with my family.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment