Sunday, July 12, 2015

Quick and Easy Home Decor with Deflecto Craft Solutions


I have been on a bit of a kick lately. I have the desire to spruce up my home a bit. However, I am on a budget regarding both time and money. I needed a quick project that wouldn't break the bank. I grabbed a few of my Deflecto Frames and some scrapbook supplies and went right to work.

To be fair, I must confess that I am using supplies received in my capacity as a Deflecto Ambassador. I had a wonderful opportunity to work with several paper collections from PaperWishes. You could easily replicate the results with any scrapbook paper collection that you would like to use. 

The key to making the decorative frames quickly is to keep your design simple. Choose a frame in a standard size such as 4x6 or 5x7. Most frames come with a paper insert. If the  frame is not a standard size, use that insert as a template.Lay the insert over your chosen piece of background paper and trace, then cut it down to size. Using the insert means there is no need to measure.

This particular frame was featured with full instructions on the Paper Wishes site. You can view them here.










I also wanted to keep the second frame simple. I chose to use my silhouette to create a series of heart die cuts. These were all cut from the same piece of paper. Since this paper is double sided and coordinates, I merely had to choose one to flip over. I did add a tiny bit of glue to the back side of the hearts to keep them from shifting in the frame.













Quick Tip: The advantage of working with this style of clear acrylic frame is that you  can lay it over the top of a cutting mat. It is then easy to use the grid as a guide when placing the die cuts.









Quick projects like these frames make it easy to refresh your home decor without breaking the bank or taking up a lot of time. You can make a few in an hour or less. Keep them on hand and switch them out to match your mood or the seasons.







This posts contains affiliate links when possible. Please shop your stash first, but should you find you need something, consider supporting MSE.


Visit Deflecto to find a retailer near you or purchase supplies through Amazon.




















No comments:

Post a Comment