Monday, August 4, 2014

Welcome August!

As I write this, I find that summer is coming to an end. I am actually looking forward to it. Summer is quiet for us and spent mostly indoors hibernating with the AC unit. It's good for my papercrafting though. You might have noticed that I managed 30 posts last month. I am hoping to keep the momentum going. At least as long as this heat wave lasts.

I think I must not be the only one keeping myself cool while crafting. This month's main paper crafting kit at JBS Mercantile is already sold out. Other kits are going fast.I have to say that I was pretty happy to receive this month's kit. Pink Pasilee's Solstice collection had been on my wishlist and this month's kits feature a nice sampling of it. On the day I received my kits, I promptly made two layouts.

Layout number one didn't pass my personal design team quality inspection. I had a mishap with a bottle of mist. It spilled across the page, forcing me to reprint two of the photos and to try to trim away excess misted papers. While I did manage to mostly correct the issue, I realized that the paper was a bit wonky on the right side. It might not meet design team muster, but it is a layout done. Quite honestly, I like it despite the wonkiness and will be placing it proudly in my album.







Layout two gave my Silhouette Portrait a little bit of a workout. I loved this month's cut file and used it as the base for this layout. I added in a bit of Jenni's chevron tape and wood buttons. In this layout, I chose to use the anchor in a symbolic manner. These tiny kittens were orphaned and my son was one of the first people they ever saw when their eyes opened. He was around for their feedings and I think they must have thought he was a litter mate. In this photo, everyone is curled up on my husband for a cat nap.






Last month, I did mange to post quite a few times. Let's see how this month goes. I have a lot on my plate but I also have a will to use up the August kits. If you are interested in the August kits, you better act fast. They are selling quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment