Scrapbook News and Review magazine has a survey going on right now over at their blog. If you participate, you get the chance to win a $150 gift certificate to the on-line scrapbook store of your choice. This got me thinking, if I won a $150 gift certificate, what would I buy with it. It's a lot of money, and yet, with scrapbook supplies, I would have no problems spending that money in a flash. That being said, I have become a little choosier in the products I add to my stash. The reality is that I have a TON of paper and ribbon. My ribbon takes up an entire steamer trunk. I have enough paper to make albums for at least a year, maybe two. So this year, I made the decision to really reduce the amount of paper I purchase. it's not as though I purchase a lot of it. It just multiplies likes rabbits.
So if paper collections are not on my wishlist, then what is? Tools mainly. I decided to really concentrate on adding things to my stash that can be used and that can multitask.Things like stamps, stencils, dies and embossing folders. Here is a quick list:
1.My latest love are the M-bossibilities by spellbinders. I own a grand total of one. I love it though. it's double sided, which means two embossing folders for the price of one. This also translates to less storage. it works nicely in my Big Shot. I know...I sound like an ad for spellbinders. No, I am not affiliated with them. I wish I could be. If they ever want to send some product for me to test...I am game..
2. Anything Tim holtz makes. Pretty much...ANYTHING. Embossing folders, distress inks and stains, stamps, dies... If I had to pick just one thing, it would be the new letter dies that sizzix makes. Just imagine the nice letters I could cut out of soda cans and canvas.
3. Crafter's workshop templates. I have a TON of these on my wish lists. I would like all of them. I think a $150 gift certifictae might cover me on that one.
4. Dylusions inks. I have nothing like these and do not think I could make them at home.
5. Paper Trey ink dies. Yes, I know. I am currently obsessed with dies. I have just a few in my collection and I can see how I could use these in a variety of ways.
6. More faber castell gelatos and products. If I had my way, I would love the whole gift set. it cost $345 so I seriously doubt I will be seeing it in my near future.
7. Washi tape and a washi tape printer. I need something else to hoard ( not really). However, I could see myself hoarding washi tape.
Scrapbook product releases come and go at a fast pace. If you are a scrapbooker on a budget like me, try making a pinterest board to track your very favorites. You will be able to see the things you really love, and when budget allows, you can actually remember when and where you can get one of them. Don't forget to pop over to SNR's blog for the chance to win!