Monday, April 25, 2011

A Sort of Gypsy Life

  I was a very lucky kid. I came along in that time of life when my grandparents were able to travel. They loved having me with them. That meant lots of weekend trips to explore nearby camp grounds...at least one cmaping trip a month if not more. On the last day of school for summer break, they would pick me up in their RV. We'd drive as far as we could that day and then spend the summer exploring the United States. They only brought me home again when I had to go back to school.
Ella Publishing 4-18-11 sketch

I used October Afternoon papers from my April Counterfeit kit. The RV die cut is by Lil Davis Designs. it's been in my stash for 8 years! It's a good thing to finally use it on a page. I dressed up some Maya road chipboard with burgandy paint and diamond stickles. It's a sort of retro camping page with a little gypsy flair.
Scraphappy.org April Sketch

I really had a lot of great experiences with my grandparents. I wish I could travel more. I'd love to share some of the places I went with my son. As it is, we enjoy every opportunity to travel when our budget allows. I only wish it allowed more.

10 comments:

  1. Oh nice layouts - I bet it feels great to have used that old die-cut.

    PS I enjoyed toying with the kitty while I was here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layouts of fun times - you were a lucky little girl to have such wonderful grandparents. You have really captured a sweet memory here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel good when you find the perfect embellie in your stash. Now you can say to yourself...See, I really shouldn't purge my stash! :}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story indeed. You must have had such a happy childhood. I do love how you made the sketch your own and replaced one of the pictures with the patterned paper. Thanks for playing along! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story! I hope to be able to give my grandkids similar memories!
    I really like the journalling strips on the striped paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special layout! It's so wonderful to get those great childhood memories scrapbooked and then be able to look back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this brought back fond memories. I remember getting out of school and jumping in the RV to start a summer of fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. what wonderful memories you must have. these two layouts are a lot of fun. well done for using up such an old die-cut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page-awesome RV die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! That brought back memories of when I was a girl...we went camping all of the time in RV's. FUN!

    ReplyDelete